- Check out Peg Conway's wonderful article in Energy Magazine
- Healing Touch classes & practice opportunities 2018! - updated!
- Sunny Spring & Summer Schedule!
Healing Touch Program's Founder
Healing Touch Program was founded in Colorado in the late 1980's by Janet Mentgen, a nurse with experience in the U.S. Navy, emergency room, and home health care. HTP is now a world-wide program, with more practitioners in the Greater Cincinnati area than anywhere else in the world! In addition to practitioners' private practices, you will find Healing Touch being practiced in Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Bethesda North Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital, Good Shepherd Catholic Parish, and at VITALITY Cincinnati . . . just to name a few!
From the Healing Touch Program website . . .
Healing Touch is for the person who wants to enhance wellness in themselves and the lives of people they care about by using the gift of energetic touch. Learning Healing Touch will enable you to offer comfort and relief when nothing else seems to help. You will possess a life-changing gift that you can give over and over again, once you have mastered simple, easy-to-learn steps and techniques that support health and facilitate the healing process.
The goal of Healing Touch is to restore balance and harmony in the energy system placing the client in a position to self heal. Healing Touch Research has been conducted in a wide variety of settings and with a number of different problems and situations including:
- Cardio-vascular disease
- Death and dying
- Endocrine/Immune function
- Patient satisfaction and experience
- Post operative recovery
These studies demonstrate that there is support for considering Healing Touch for providing integrative care and that patients evaluate it highly. Healing Touch research has been supported and/or funded by hospitals, universities, colleges, professional organizations, private foundations, and the National Institutes of Health, Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
To gain a deeper understanding of the science supporting energy healing, please refer to the many books, journal articles and research findings written on this subject. Scientific evidence does exist that supports the premise that energy healing is effective. However, an experience is worth a thousand words, so the receiving of a Healing Touch treatment can do more to understand this phenomena than all the writings in the world.
What are the benefits of Healing Touch? (also from www.healingtouchprogram.com)
- Non-Invasive: Healing Touch is done without the use of invasive procedures such as injections, inserting tubes, meditation or surgery.
- Effective: Research has shown that Healing Touch facilitates the relaxation response and enhances the healing process.
- Non-Toxic: Medications can cause side effects and must be monitored. Healing Touch restores balance and harmony to our natural biofield without the use of pharmaceuticals.
- Economical: Healing Touch does not require the use of equipment or substances and can be done in any setting. An open heart, a set of hands and a willing spirit is all that is needed.