VITALITY Legacy Fund
When we began our holistic studies -- some of us 20+ years ago -- people talked about Cincinnati one day being the next holistic center of the world. At first, many of us laughed. Cincinnati?!
But today, we are beginning to see this vision realized. As you’ll see below, VITALITY has had a significant part in this growth. And we need your help for the next generation of our work.
We are welcoming donations to build a VITALITY LEGACY fund to assist dedicated VITALITY volunteers in gaining their advanced certifications to become Healing Touch Certified Practitioners, Bones for Life Teachers, and Advanced 500-Hour Yoga Teachers.
We will offer a no-interest, five-year loan to assist four or five dedicated VITALITY volunteers every year to pay for their advanced certifications. Selected participants will then take these advanced classes in Cincinnati, and practice their skills at VITALITY's donation-based programs. They will be invited to draw friends, neighbors, and family to VITALITY's programs, and any donations offered at those programs will assist these advanced-teacher-trainers to pay back their five-year loan.
Our hope is to raise $20,000 before June 1 for the first year of these loans. Half of all donations will be immediately made available for these loans, half will pay VITALITY's current staff to assist newcomers in getting their basic 200-hour yoga certification through our Yoga/Healing Touch Internship, Healing Touch Levels 1 - 3, and basic Bones for Life certification . . . the first steps toward those more advanced, more dynamic holistic self-care practices that can be made available to Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky neighbors.
The great gift is that for every dollar you donate to this VITALITY LEGACY fund, fifty cents will be lent out to VITALITY LEGACY recipients who will achieve these advanced certifications and pay back their no-interest loan over five years. Once the loan is paid back, that fifty cents of your initial donation will be used to assist another dedicated VITALITY LEGACY recipient in securing her or his advanced certification. Imagine a significant culture of advanced practitioners in Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky and our world . . . not to mention the hundreds upon hundreds of neighbors these advanced practitioners will invite to their classes and to a new way of life!
We are very proud of what we have been able to accomplish at VITALITY with $60,000 a year, and we are excited about where we are going. Since VITALITY's founding in 2010, we have:
- trained 60 yoga teachers through our well-known Yoga/Healing Touch Internship. Graduates now host affordable, donation-based studios and classes all over Cincinnati & Northern Kentucky to assist people in moving and breathing and resting with ease and gentle self-care;
- trained 80+ people in Levels 1 - 3 of Healing Touch. Practitioners offer their skills at Good Samaritan & Bethesda North Hospitals, churches, food pantries, their own private practices, and more;
- invited people to discover their heart's deepest desires for life and love through meditation, Inner Journey journaling, Spiritual Exercises storytelling groups, all of them diverse gatherings of college students through great-grandparents, people of all walks of life;
- participated in the health & wellness revolution by supporting community gardening efforts in Walnut Hills, Avondale, and in our Yoga/Healing Touch Interns' neighborhoods and backyards;
- added Bones for Life (Movement Intelligence) to our self-care modalities and have been inspired by so many people who have found health in their once-cranky joints. In the next two years, we hope to add Feldenkrais Method and Awareness through Movement, the larger umbrella under which Bones for Life rests . . . more very gentle ways to restore joints to innocence for health and ease-ful movement and life.
Would you consider a significant gift to this VITALITY LEGACY fund? Every dollar counts!
As you know, VITALITY is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, so donations to VITALITY are tax-deductible according to the IRS.
With much gratitude for your prayerful support
Brian Shircliff (Co-Founder & Program Director)
with VITALITY's Board of Trustees: Richard Bollman, S.J., Mary Duennes, Mike Eck,
Kevin Laskowski, Jack Lennon, Joan Lichtman, & Carol T. Yeazell
"From a small seed, a mighty trunk may grow." Aeschylus